PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS
Policies and stratagem of company need to be evaluated for establishment of Code of conducts and ethics within it with the perspective to decide each of the responsibilities including employees and employers. Company policies are in place to protect the rights of workers as well as the business interests of the employers. KPT has a set of well defined policies which are being followed religiously across the whole organization, which eventually establishes and maintains an efficient work culture. Listed below are the key policies KPT has established.
Drugs & Alcohol Abuse Policy
KPT has strong commitment to the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and its customers. We are doing this to provide a safe workplace by eradication of hazardous elements for health as well as for job safety designed by alcohol and other drug abuse.
Our promises for maintaining a protected and secure workplace environment needs a transparent policy and supportive strategy associated with treatment, detection, and aversion of substance mishandle by employees. This would be achieved through the involvement of all employees and department councils, and taking steps forward towards the following:
- Motivating those employees who have an alcohol/drug problem, to solicit support. We assure to maintain confidentiality about such cases.
- Create an awareness in employees and their families of the impact of substance abuse. They have various programs which put forward the negative aspects and impacts of use of these drugs.
Energy Management Policy
Starting by an energy review and accordingly establish organization’s energy policy, baseline, key performance indicators, objectives, targets and action plans to achieve results that will improve energy performance; This policy has a significant role for effective execution of our plan and engenders maximum profit, drives prospective customers, and intensifies the competitive position with the utmost quality of products.
KPT strives to use energy in the most efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible manner possible. The established objectives and targets within the energy management action plans should be implemented rigorously. Use of sustainable energy fulfills our commitment to our employees and helps in our pledge to save and use energy wisely.
KPT objectives under this policy are the following:
- Effectively using energy to maximize performance and bring down operational expenses.
- Demonstrate commitment to our community and leadership in our industry, by reducing environmental impacts associated with energy use
To achieve these objectives KPT has committed to:
- Improve employee awareness and encouraging the sharing of experiences and expertise Management review of energy objectives and targets.
- Compliance with all vitality administrative laws, directions and Codes of Practice in existing operations, updates and new advancements.
- Adapting latest technologies with the attitude to learn and implement them in work.
No Solicitation Policy
The company has strict guidelines against solicitation to promote a safe environment for working.
Company maintain an environment for
- No employee can solicit or promote support for any cause or organization during his or her office hours.
- This policy does not restrict employee activity during lunch or breaks or after working hours.
- Sharing of articles related to any cause is not allowed in office premises. Non members are barred to solicit or distribute written material for any purpose on company property.
Anti Harrassment Policy
Discrimination based on race, gender, color, religion, national origin, veteran’s status, age, disability and any other status protected by law is strictly dealt with. Company interdicts harassment or violence in any form which are directed towards the protected status of an employee, customer, vendor, contractor or their relatives, friends or associates.
WHY CREATE COMPANY POLICIES?
To Structure your organization
No matter what the size of your company, company policies can be simple to write and implement, while adding structure to the great things you are already doing. Company policies play the following key roles in an organization.
- Drive strategic planning, and help set expectations and performance objectives
- Lead to more efficient internal operations
- Ensure accountability
- Create transparency
- Easy to carry & install
- Assess and mitigate risk
- Promote ethical and responsible decision-making
- Meet legal requirements
- Streamline new staff orientation
- Result in time savings
- Engage and align the values of stakeholders